Making Web Sites - 30 Useful Tools
6 December 2006 (updated)
A list of links to useful web site creation tools.
Creating Web pages
- Dreamweaver - the popular web site creation package
- Hotscripts.com - free scripts to use in your site (Free)
- HTML Kit - tools for coding web pages (Free)
- AutoReplace - easily replace text across multiple web pages (Free)
- Namo web editor - tools for creating web sites
- Notepad ++ - improved version of Notepad (Free)
- Serif WebPlus - web page creation software
- Adobe Photoshop - popular image editing software
- CoolText.com - online logo graphics generator (Free)
- IrfanView - image editing software (Free)
- Pixie - show values for any colour on screen (Free)
- Serif DrawPlus - graphics editing software
Managing your site
- Contribute - easily update sites and blogs
- CoffeeCupFreeFTP - manage and upload your site files (Free)
- Email check - check if spammers can see your site email addresses (Free)
- Firefox Web Developer extensions - tools for development of sites (Free)
- FileZilla - manage and upload your site files (Free)
- Link popularity - see how popular your site is with search engines (Free)
- Alexa Toolbar - Alexa site information (Free)
- Lynx browser - check how your site appears in a text browser (Free)
- W3C Validator - validate your page coding against Web standards (Free)
- Flash Pro - premier Flash authoring software
- SWiSH Max - Flash creation tool
- A4 Desk - easily create Flash sites using templates
- DVIO - captures video from digital camera to AVI (Free)
- KoolMoves - easily create Flash animation
- Turbine Encoder - convert video to streaming Flash (Free)
- MSN SiteSearch - add a search facility to your site (Free)
- PHPBB - PHP-based system for creating forums (Free)
- XSPF Music Player - play mp3s on your web site (Free)
Ask A Computer Expert
Ask your computer question and get an answer in minutes via e-mail from experts at Just Answer. Choose how much to pay and only pay if you like the answer.
Get more tips in your free Easy Computer Tips E-book
Most Popular Tips
Check hard disk space
Double click on the My Computer icon on your Desktop and right-click on your hard disk (usually drive C). Click Properties to see the amount of disk space left on your computer.
more Quick Tips..
Software A - Z
AutoReplace is a free text search and replacement tool for text editing or programming.
Computer Jargon Box
View our Computer Jargon page for explanations of common computer and internet terms used on this site.